Saturday, June 15, 2013

Dennis On: "Sometimes I Can Be A Little Judgmental"







"Sometimes I can be a little judgmental"

 

" Do you often—or ever—meditate on whether God is truly ruling you?"

Not really actually. I get more concerned that if I associate with RCG 
it would be YOU truly ruling me and my family. 
 You seem a tad judgmental and maybe a bit to serious about yourself.

'The apostates formed a committee to examine all of the Worldwide Church of God’s doctrines. UCG, with its endless committees and study groups, is continually reviewing virtually every doctrine Mr. Armstrong taught.'

Now I'm just sayin', but I prefer humans who exam things once in awhile instead of closing the doors, as you no doubt will, to introspection and inquiry.  Unfamiliar concepts to you I know.  It is awesome that what YOU currently understand is all there is to know unless, of course, more info comes to you in the night. 

"Nothing short of a declaration of war against your condition, carried out with tremendous zeal, will restore you."

Oh man, War on Terror, War on Drugs, War on Poverty, War on Stupid.  Now this...War on Ministers That Aren't Dave.

Let me guess....And you are the General on the winning side?
Awesome, Amazing and completely over arching in scope!
Zeal?  You mean like The Inquisition?

"This includes every minister, elder and leader who is reading these announcements! Be careful you are not dismissive of these words, which merely reflect what Christ declares about the vast majority of those with His Spirit today. I am not exaggerating for effect! Neither is Christ."

You're threatening us aren't you...Don't threaten us. We'll send the Karma Fairy

Pardon my skepticism, but that 'merely' thing sounds like  you and Jesus, I mean CHRIST, are pretty tight.  Is it like "I and the Christ are ONE"? 
I hope not...

"I am not exaggerating for effect!"
Oh Zule you nut, yes you are!!!!!!!!


"Remembering Isaiah 55:6-9, be careful you do not assume you have obeyed this passage when you may not have even read it for years."

First of all, don't tell us what we have read or not read much less understand or do not understand. 
I don't like you much.  I'm going with Gospel Jesus instead of you.
Oh Oh!  I got one for ya!  
Sorry , It's in the New Testament though.

1 Corinthians 13

New International Version (NIV)

13 If I speak in the tongues[a] of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. (Ahem)If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing.(Ahem)If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast,[b] but do not have love, I gain nothing. (Ok, not much chance for this one from what I can tell by your writings and sermons)
Love is patient, love is kind.(AHEM) It does not envy,(AGAIN AHEM) it does not boast, (BZZZZZZZZZ...THANKS FOR PLAYING) it is not proud.(AHEM) It does not dishonor others (AHEM AGAIN), it is not self-seeking, (Oh Man AHEM!) it is not easily angered,(Nuther AHEM) it keeps no record of wrongs. (DITTO)) Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. 

Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10 but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears. 11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. 12 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.
13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. 


"And it was this change in the make-up doctrine that Satan began injecting liberalism into the Church in order to get the Church off the track in the 1970's"

"
You talkin' to me?

I hope you're not talking to me...


Yep.....he's talking to you...He showed up at my party and went bonkers. Closed us down. Disfellowshipped my parents and called me a little Jezebel. Man...I bet the circus in the World Tomorrow will be dumb.

Grow up Mr. Pack. The the theological posturing gets old.  Come out of your castle and down from your throne and join the rest of humanity. The world of all things God, Christ and Jesus (oops)  does not center on you. Truth does not reside in your opinions and perspectives. Accountability to others is a good and safe thing in the real world. It's actually in the Bible.  The views and experiences of others are equally as informative to them as yours are to you.  It is wiser with your "brilliant mind" to enroll yourself in a excellent theological program and actually get a true overview of the all things actually Biblical including the history, background and actual intent and origins of scripture. 

 DO NOT tell them you are Joshua the High Priest for Today (You'll get an F right off the bat.)  and please keep any icebreaker's in class to just under a month and personal pronouns to under 1000.  Mention Jesus at least once and let others talk too.  Oh..and as difficult as it might be..listen.

Dennis Diehl - EzineArticles Expert Author 

contact Dennis at: denniscdiehl@AOL.com

 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

After several decades of experience, I have set a policy for myself to avoid as best I can, all narcissists, sociopaths, psychopaths, nutjobs and cons.

At the top of my list is every single leader of the Cult of Herbert Armstrong.

As a result, my life is much improved.

I'd like to do my part in signficantly improving the quality of life for others through this method.

Unknown said...

Sociopath Pack reminds me of the attitude of the character "KHAN" from the Star Trek series. Pack under questioning from Kirk and Spock, would respond as follows... (with only slight changes from the original script)

(After dinner, as liqueurs are being served.)

KIRK: Forgive my curiosity, Mister Pack ,but my officers are anxious to know more about your extraordinary journey.

SPOCK: And how you managed to keep your sullied past reputation out of the history books.

PACK: Adventure, Captain. Adventure. There was little else left in the COG.

SPOCK: There was an internal and external church effort to end tyranny. Many considered that a noble effort.

PACK: Tyranny, sir? Or an attempt to unify the Church?

SPOCK: Unify, sir? Like a team of animals under one whip?

PACK: I know something of those years. Remember, it was a time of great dreams, of great aspiration.

SPOCK: Under dozens of petty dictatorships.

PACK: One man, like me, would have ruled eventually. As Rome under Caesar. Think of its accomplishments. Haggai predicted it.

SPOCK: Then your sympathies were with...

PACK: You are an excellent tactician, Captain. You let your second in command attack while you sit and watch for weakness.

KIRK: You have a tendency to express ideas in military terms, Mister Pack. This is a social occasion.

PACK: It has been said that social occasions are only warfare concealed. Many prefer it more honest, more open.

KIRK: You fled, Meredith, Tkach, Why? Were you afraid?

PACK: I've never been afraid.

KIRK: But you left at the very time the church needed courage and true Christian humility.

PACK: I offered the Church ORDER! (fist hits table)

KIRK: "I" ???

PACK: Excellent. Captain, Excellent. But if you will excuse me, gentlemen and ladies, I grow fatigued again. Captain, I will return to my Wadsworth headquarters now.
(Kirk stands, and Pack leaves.)

Joe Moeller
Cody, WY

PS- Beware of when Pack takes over your brain by putting those little critters in your ear like Khan did in the movie sequel " THE WRATH OF PACK...err KHAN!"

Head Usher said...

Amazing. Well said. Loved it. It framed everything he is says and does correctly.

Byker Bob said...

Excellent and very balanced analysis, Dennis. Good,, appropriate application of scripture, as well. If someone were inclined to openness towards honest evaluation or constructive criticism, this would be a great foundation.

Unfortunately, in the case of Mr. Pack, the more he flaps his gums, the more we realize that he has become the worst, most extreme, cartoon caricature of the bad elements of Armstrongism, and has immunized himself against any possible opportunities for growth.

Joe likened him to Khan. However, more depth to Davey's pathology can be realized from study of some additional Star Trek adversaries. I recall one who insisted on calling himself "Lord Garth"' who somewhat encapsulated Davey's super ego. There was also a villain who illustrated the extent of Pack's dictatorial nature who actually took over the bodies of Kirk and Spock, forcing them to do a little dance and narration about being Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum.

Bottom line is this: Armstrongism is a defective product in that if it is used in the manner prescribed by its manufacturer, it does not work; moreover, it causes damage, and manifests itself in various forms of psychosis. Of course here we see a perfect example of the ultimate level of damage. Hard drug abuse would probably be less damaging to the soul.

BB

Anonymous said...

Thanks BB. I believe in the case of narcissism as DB notes, it is not that some have lost their soul. They simply don't have one and never did.
DD (at work and google thingy is funky on pad)

Corky said...

Don't have to worry about any Armstrongite preachers sitting next to Jesus in judgment. They don't qualify, even if it isn't all fantasy-land make believe, which it is.

Anonymous said...

"DO NOT tell them you are Joshua the High Priest for Today"

It's like a trainwreck, you can't help to look. I'm waiting for the batshit crazy climax.